(100.26.179.41)
[ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Library Herald
Year : 2016, Volume : 54, Issue : 3
First page : ( 316) Last page : ( 330)
Print ISSN : 0024-2292. Online ISSN : 0976-2469.
Article DOI : 10.5958/0976-2469.2016.00023.3

Publication Trends in Library and Information Science: A Bibliometric Analysis of Library Herald

Parameshwar S1, Goutami2, Patil D B3

1UGC-Post Doctoral Fellow, Dept. of Library & Information Science, Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi-585106, Karnataka, India, Email: gsparameshwar@gmail.com

2City Central Library, Jagat Circle, Kalaburagi-585101, Email: goutamipm@gmail.com

3Professor & Chairman, Dept. of Library & Information Science, Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi-585106, Karnataka, India Email: db_patil@rediffmail.com

Online published on 9 September, 2016.

Abstract

The paper brings out the results of a bibliometric analysis of the journal titled “Library Herald” for the period from 2006 to 2015. The data were downloaded from the Indian Citation Index database. This study aims at analyzing the research output performance of Library scientists on library & information science subjects. The paper analyzes a citation study of 224 Articles (70 times cited) were published from 2006 to 2015 in the Library Herald. The paper covers the bibliometric analysis of year-wise publication of articles, authorship pattern, institution-wise publication of contributions, state wise, city wise and country wise publication of articles. The result showed that out of 224 articles multiple authors contributed 56.70%, while the rest 43.30% articles were contributed by single author. Further, study also examines the length of articles and average number of references in the articles

Top

Keywords

Bibliometric study, Library Herald, Publication Trends, Authorship pattern, Geographical distribution.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
754,748,998 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.