(18.233.111.242)
Users online: 3952    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology
Year : 2016, Volume : 9, Issue : 8
First page : ( 1073) Last page : ( 1076)
Print ISSN : 0974-3618. Online ISSN : 0974-360X.
Article DOI : 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00203.1

Awareness of Oral Medicine Specialty among Medical practitioners in and around the locality of Chennai: A Survey

Subramanian Vaishnavi Sivakali1,*, Dr. Pradeep2

1BDS (1st Year), Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Chennai

2Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Chennai

*Corresponding Author E-mail: vaishnavisivakali@gmail.com

Online published on 12 January, 2017.

Abstract

Aim

To conduct a survey about awareness of oral medicine specialty among medical practitioners in and around Chennai.

Objective

To assess and create awareness of oral medicine specialty among medical practitioners, and assess the number of oral medicines cases that they come across in their routine practice and to assess whom they refer to.

Materials and Methods

A printed questionnaires of 100 copies were prepared and given to medical practitioners practicing in Chennai.

Results

Only 71% were aware about the specialties of oral medicine whereas the rest 29% were not aware about oral medicine specialty in dentistry. Moreover any oral manifestations and orofacial disorders were not been referred to dental specialties but to general dentists, general doctors. TMJ problems were referred to orthopedics, while facial pain cases were referred to general surgeon and neurologist.

Conclusion

It was concluded that few of general practitioners were not aware about oral health and its manifestations and were referring the patients to concerned specialist.

Top

Keywords

Awareness, Oral Medicine, General Practitioner, Dentists.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
436,511,059 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.