(3.219.167.194)
Users online: 1946    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology
Year : 2016, Volume : 9, Issue : 10
First page : ( 1611) Last page : ( 1614)
Print ISSN : 0974-3618. Online ISSN : 0974-360X.
Article DOI : 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00319.X

Awareness about cross infection among dentists

Varsha L. Sri*, Geetha R.V.

Saveetha Dental College, Poonamalle High, Road, Velappanchavadi, Chennai-600077

*Corresponding Author E-mail: varsha9711@yahoo.co.in

Online published on 2 March, 2017.

Abstract

Topic

Awareness about cross infection among dentists Aim and objective: a survey on awareness among dentists about cross infection with questionnaires was conducted.

Materials and methods

A self administered questionnaire was prepared and given to 100 dental students in saveetha dental college, chennai. A set of 15 questions were given in the question naire. The results were analysed and demonstrated in the form of pie charts.

Results

Out of 100, 69% of the students knew about cross infection, 100% of the students wore mask while doing a procedure, 100% of students changed their gloves after each check up, 97% of the students washed their hands after degloving and when the students were asked to rate themselves on a scale of 10 based on the awareness they had about nosocomial cross infection, 18% the students rated them between 7–10 and the rest 82% rated them between 5–7.

Conclusion

From the results, it was evident that the students had sufficient knowledge about cross infection and the only need was to apply the knowledge in their daily practice.

Top

Keywords

Cross Infection, Awareness, Dentists, Mask, Gloves.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
435,603,227 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.