(34.200.243.114)
Users online: 3094    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology
Year : 2015, Volume : 8, Issue : 9
First page : ( 1221) Last page : ( 1224)
Print ISSN : 0974-3618. Online ISSN : 0974-360X.
Article DOI : 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00223.1

A Prospective Study on Health Related Quality of Life among Hypertensive Patients

Maheshwari P.*, Divya M., Shanmugarajan T.S., Ravichandiran V.

Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vels University, Chennai-600117, Tamil Nadu, India

*Corresponding Author E-mail: mahe.mpharm@gmail.com

Online published on 28 October, 2015.

Abstract

Aim and Objectives

The aim of the study is to improve the health related quality of life among hypertensive patients.

Materials and Methods

This study which includes prospective interventional study on health related quality of life among hypertensive patients were carried out for a period of 6 months on both in-patient and out-patients in general medicine department. Student t test was used to determine the quality of life scores.

Result and Discussion

A total of 100 patients were screened. Out of selected 100 patients, 62 patients (62%) were male patients, and remaining 38 patients (38%) were female patients. 2 patients (2%) were in the age group of 20–29 years, 9 patients (9%) were in the age group of 30–39 years, 20 patients (20%) were in the age group of 40-49years, 61 patients (61%) were in the age group of 50–59 years and 8 patients (8%) were in the age of above 60 years and above.

Conclusion

In this study, physical component summary (PCS) and mental component summary (MCS) were found to be increased when compared to review 1 and review 2. Hence, this prospective study concludes that quality of life in hypertensive patients were improved.

Top

Keywords

QOL, HRQOL, SF-12, PCS, MCS.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
434,944,561 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.