(3.235.45.196)
Users online: 1785    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology
Year : 2018, Volume : 11, Issue : 7
First page : ( 2914) Last page : ( 2917)
Print ISSN : 0974-3618. Online ISSN : 0974-360X.
Article DOI : 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00537.1

Effectiveness of Cucumber in reduction of Blood Pressure among hypertensive clients in selected Rural Area.

Mrs. Vimala S.1,*, Dr. Mangalagowri P.2, Mr. Ali Mubarak3, Ms. Nivetha3, Ms. Amutha3, Ms. Banupriya3

1Clinical Instructor, Department of Community Health Nursing, Saveetha College of Nursing, SIMATS, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

2Principal, Saveetha College of Nursing, SIMATS, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

3Student, Saveetha College of Nursing, SIMATS, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

*Corresponding Author E-mail: stsuvi24@gmail.com

Online published on 31 October, 2018.

Abstract

One third adults worldwide are hypertensive clients. Increase blood pressure a condition that causes around half of all death from stroke and heart diseases. In rural area 20% of total population are hypertensive clients, but among them only 25% of people follows regular treatment and the rest of 75% ignore it. The main objective of this study includes the level of Hypertension among rural people and to evaluate the effectiveness of cucumber salad in control of type II diabetes mellitus. A quantitative research approach was conducted with pretest post test only design among the hypertensive clients aged between 40–60 years. Simple random sampling technique was used for sample selection. 100 grams of cucumber was administered once daily in the mid morning for two weeks. At the end of the fourth week blood pressure was measured in both experimental and control group using sphygmomanometer by observing biological variables. Data were analyzed through descriptive (frequency, percentage, distribution, mean, standard deviation) and inferential statistical (independent, paired ‘t’ test and chi square test) methods. The cucumber found to be effective in experimental group by considering SBP 6.9% of blood pressure was reduced, considering DBP 9.8% of blood pressure was reduced than the pretest. and in control group 1.84% of systolic blood pressure and 3.67% reduction of DBP than the pretest. The study proves that cucumber is effective in controlling blood pressure level more specifically diastolic blood pressure level among hypertension patients and prevents them from developing complications. It is one of the cost effective alternative source of reducing blood pressure among hypertensive clients in the community.

Top

Keywords

Cucumber salad, Hypertension, blood pressure, homecare, controlling BP.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
435,080,691 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.