(18.234.247.75)
Users online: 3030    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology
Year : 2018, Volume : 11, Issue : 5
First page : ( 1825) Last page : ( 1829)
Print ISSN : 0974-3618. Online ISSN : 0974-360X.
Article DOI : 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00339.6

Awareness of diabetes mellitus among general population

Preethikaa S.1,*, Dr. Brundha M. P.2

1Graduate Student, Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, 162, Poonamalle High Road, Vellapanchavadi, Chennai, 600077

2Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, 162, Poonamalle High Road, Vellapanchavadi, Chennai, 600077

*Corresponding Author E-mail: generalpath2015@gmail.com

Online published on 21 August, 2018.

Abstract

Aim

To create awareness about diabetes mellitus among general population.

Objectives

To assess the level of awareness about causes, signs and symptoms, investigations, prevention, Treatment and complications of Diabetes mellitus.

Materials and Methods

A cross sectional study was conducted among 100 patients who reported to Saveetha dental college, aged between 15 to 70 years. A self administered questionnaire was used to investigate patient's awareness and knowledge of Diabetes mellitus.

Background

Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly referred to as diabetes, is a group of metabolic diseases in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. Diabetes mellitus is a major health problem in India. There is an urgent need to educate the people about different aspects of diabetes mellitus-causes, risk factors diagnosis and treatment so that they may protect themselves from this disease. The participants of this study ranged between 15–70 years.

Result

With the data collected 96.8% were aware of source, symptoms, complication, investigation of diabetes mellitus and remaining 3.2% were unaware about it.

Top

Keywords

Diabetes Mellitus, hyperglycemia.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
471,967,760 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.