(52.3.228.47)
Users online: 72    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics
Year : 2018, Volume : 10, Issue : 3
First page : ( 95) Last page : ( 97)
Print ISSN : 0975-4407. Online ISSN : 2321-5836.
Article DOI : 10.5958/2321-5836.2018.00017.4

An Analytical Study of the Epidemiological Profile of Alcoholics

Masih John1,*, Kumar Deepak2, Kumar Sanjay2

1Associate Professor, Medicine, Govt. Medical College, Jagdalpur

2Assistant Professor, Late BRKM Govt. Medical College, Jagdalpur

*Corresponding Author E-mail:

Online published on 24 October, 2018.

Abstract

Background

Alcohol has been used for centuries to obtain relief from discomfort and tension. It is very difficult to draw a line of demarcation between drinking of alcohol as a social habit or as a medical problem. Loosely a person should be considered alcoholic, if his/her drink interferes with her/his physical and mental health as well as his/her social and economic life.

Objective

To assess the epidemiological profile of alcoholics.

Nature of study

it was an retrospective study

Material and method

The data was collected from the sampled cases in a pre drawn, pre tested questionnaire Variables: Age, sex, their diet pattern, smoking habit, B.M.I., random Blood Sugar level and Blood Pressure etc.

Stastistical analysis

Were expressed in simple terms of proportion

Findings and interpretation

it has been revealed that majority of alcoholics were adolescents. 96% Alcoholics were also indulging in the habit of smoking and the rest 4% found non-smokers.100.0 percentage Alcoholics were non-vegetarian. 96% Alcoholics were also indulging in the habit of smoking. Only 12.0% diabetic alcoholics were in the normal range as per B.M.I. in comparison to 24.0% non-diabetic. 36.0% and 12.0% belong to Group-II and Group-III respectively as per R.B.S. level.

Conclusion

There were dual addiction in most of the alcoholics, which is very dangerous for their health though both addiction (alcohol and tobacco), are modifiable risk factor.

Top

Keywords

Dual-addiction, Tipple, Pint, Vodka.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
445,161,293 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.