Aims and Objectives
The main objectives of the association are advancement and dissemination of knowledge of pathology. However, to achieve them with distinction, emphasis is largely laid upon;
- To consolidate professional ethics and encourage brotherhood among the professionals for consequent attainment of excellence.
- To consolidate and highlight the efforts of Veterinary Pathologists for the purpose to down priorities on the current disease problems in animals and poultry and to suggest means to combat.
- Attainment and dissemination of knowledge to encourage young pathologists for establishing their professional skills more vividly.
- To organize annual conventions and symposia for encouraging the academic pursuits of pathologist by arranging presentation of research papers and invited lectures from pathologists and other scientist of eminence. The recommendations of the annual conventions and the symposia are to be communicated to the livestock and poultry farmers for their interests and to state Government, ICAR. DST and other Govt. bodies to help them chalk out development programme at the National Level.
- To encourage the members for their research aptitude and academic pursuit, the Association also publishes a journal Indian Journal of Veterinary Pathology. The journal has a notable reputation in the country and abroad.