(3.238.190.82)
Users online: 1737    [ij] [ij] [ij] 
Email id
 

International Journal of Nursing Education and Research
Year : 2019, Volume : 7, Issue : 4
First page : ( 547) Last page : ( 550)
Print ISSN : 2347-8640. Online ISSN : 2454-2660.
Article DOI : 10.5958/2454-2660.2019.00121.2

Prevalance of Prehospital care among road traffic accident patients admitted to Dessie Referral Hospital at Dessie, Ethiopia 2019 G.C.

Tilahun Lehulu1, Kedir Anwar2, Gebeyehu Yamrot2, Wubaie Fentaye2, Babu M Jawahar3, Bhuvaneswari K.4

1Wollo University, Department of Emergency and Ophtalmic Health, Dessie, Ethiopia

2Dessie Referral Hospital, Emergency Hospital, Dessie, Ethiopia

3Associate Professor, Apollo Medskills, Chennai, Tami Nadu, India

4Associate Professor, GRT College of Nursing, Tiruthani, Tamil nadu, India

*Corresponding Author E-mail: jawaharbabu121@gmail.com

Online published on 7 April, 2020.

Abstract

Purpose

To determine the prevalence of pre hospital care and characteristics among road traffic accidents admitted to patients in Dessie Referral Hospital.

Materials and Methods

Institution based descriptive cross-sectional study with systematic random sampling was employed. A sample of 270 respondents was included in the study. Data analyzed by statistical package for social sciences (SPSS) statistical software version 20 and described by using table and graph.

Results

A total of 270 road traffic injury victims were included in this study. The participants said that they did not have any prehospital care which account 232(85.9%). The rest respondent's 38(14.1%) were said that they have got pre hospital care before reaching to the health facility. The male to female ratio was 2: 1. The highest number 177(66%) of victims who came to facilities were between 25–40 years ofage. Concerning the place where the accidents happened, major accidents 258(95.6%) was occurred on the streets. Out of the total 270 people who sustained the road traffic injury, most of them were passenger 190(70.4%).

Conclusion

Most victims they did not have prehospitalcare. Bystanders were among the people who mostly gave pre hospital care for injured patient from the scene.

Top

Keywords

Dessie referral Hospital; Injury characteristics; Prehospital care; Road traffic Accident.

Top

  
║ Site map ║ Privacy Policy ║ Copyright ║ Terms & Conditions ║ Page Rank Tool
458,379,218 visitor(s) since 30th May, 2005.
All rights reserved. Site designed and maintained by DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD..
Note: Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or above). Some functionalities may not work in other browsers.