Instruction for Authors
Manuscript Submission: This journal publishes Original papers, Short communications and Reviews. It is STRICTLY preferred to submit through online services. This electronic submission substantially reduces the editorial processing and reviewing time and shortens overall publication time. Clearness, Brevity and conciseness are essential in form, style, punctuation, spelling and use of italics manuscripts should conform to the best usage in the leading journals. Numerical data and calculations should be carefully checked.
Instruction for manuscript Preparation: Original papers should present unpublished new scientific findings and should not exceed 10 printed pages.
Short communications: Short reports of new results of special interest or article having new future dimension are welcomed within 5-6 printed pages only.
Reviews: Reviews should be critically analysed with continuous flow of literatures in terms of events NOT years and should not exceed 15 printed pages However, editor may take decision in case of exceeding pages provided the review is proved worthy and readers to be more benefited in wider views.
All manuscripts should include Title, authors/ authors’ name (unaccompanied by degree/ degrees) and present address (marking corresponding author with * and email address), Abstract (concisely stating the scope of the work and give the principal findings in single spaced preferably with 200 words), keywords (maximum 6 words), Introduction, Materials and methods, Results and discussion and references.
Authors should follow standard formatting like
- Maiti et al, 2008 must be Maiti et al., 2008 or Maiti et al. (2008)
- Table or figure numbers must be Table 1: Effect of neem formulation on rice yield OR Fig. 1: Effect of FYM on rice yield
- Corresponding author must be indicated with superscript on author’s name. e.g.
M. S. Islam1, M. A. Karim2, A. Hamid3, M. M. Haque4 and A. R. M. Solaiman5
Department of Agronomy, Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- i.e. must be i.e.
- Result and discussion should be present simultaneously NOT separately. It means, result should be supported with discussion.
- NO bibliography to be used. ONLY reference is considered.
- “Per” or “/” in text or table to be used as superscript e.g. yield/ plant must be as yield plant−1
- “Per cent” in the text to be corrected as “percentage”
- Picture or photographs must be in JPEG or JPG format, preferably in Black & white. However, color photograph may be accepted if it is accepted by Editorial board members as valuable or important.
- As research paper published in Journal represents in two column, it is always advisable to Edit the Fig. or Table or Photograph as little less than half of the width of written text (A4 size i.e. 8.27”×11.69”). Also to maintain Calibri font with 9 size (IJAEB standard)
- Preferably Insert or adjust table or Fig. or Photograph in the continuous text by using Text Wrapping (Select Fig. or Photograph> Go to Format> Text Wrapping>Square).
Reference should follow the pattern below-
Sarkar, N.C. and Mishra, O.P. 2004. Influence of some herbicides on weed flora, productivity in transplanted rice (Oryza sativa L.). Indian Journal of Weed Science 36(1&2): 117-118.
Maiti, R.K., Sarkar, N.C. and Singh, V. P. 2006. Principles of post harvest seed physiology and technology. Agrobios (India), Jodhpur, India. Pp 640.
* Book chapter
Mishra, M.M. 1992. Environment of organic manures with fertilizers. In: Non-traditional sectors for fertilizer use. Pp. 48-60. Tandon, H.L.S. (Ed). Fertilizer development and consultant Organization, New Delhi.
Baker, A.J.M., Ewart, K., Hendry, G.A.F., Thorpe, P.C., and Walker, P.L. 1999. The evolutionary basis of cadmium tolerance in higher plants. In: 4th International Conference on Environmental Contamination, Barcelona. Pp. 23-29.
Parker, C., Hitchcock, A.M. and Ramaiah, K.V. 1977. The germination of Striga species by crop root exudates: techniques for selecting resistantcultivars. In: Proceedings of the Sixth Asian-Pacific Weed Science Society Conference. 11–17 July, Jakarta, Indonesia, Pp 67.
* Electronic source
Jennifer, N. J., Glogoza, P., MacRae, I., Oelke, E., and Meronuck, R. 2000. Crop profile for canola in Minnesota. http://cipm.ncsu.edu/cropprofiles/docs/mncanola.html.
Papers should be submitted to the editor typed in double spaced on one side of the page only and should not exceed 10 typed pages. Numerical data and calculations should be carefully checked.
Each table should have a heading stating its content clearly and concisely. Places at which the table is inserted should be indicated in the text. Research article must conclude with a summary drawing attention to the main facts and conclusions.
Each illustration must be specifically referred to in the text and roman numerals should be used in numbering the plate and also in the text. Individual illustrations within a plate should be designated by Arabic numerals. Line drawing will be preferred both because of the lower cost production.
ONLY ONLINE SUBMISSION IS ACCEPTED. NO MISSING REFERENCE IS ACCEPTED. IN SUCH CASE, NO PAPER IS TO BE SENT FOR REVIEWING and WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Authors are also requested to mention FULL NAME OF THE JOURNAL and to FOLLOW THE PATTERN MENTIONED ABOVE. For further enquiry, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For sample copy click here
Proofreading is the sole responsibility of the author and he/ she should make proof corrections (formal corrections only) checking that the text is complete and that all figures and tables are included. SUBSTANTIAL CHANGES IN CONTENT, e.g. new results, corrected values, title and authorship are NOT ALLOWED WITHOUT THE APPROVAL of the responsible editor.
Authors need to maintain high standards of integrity and ethics while submitting their articles. We discourage hiding of any information or providing wrong information, and must not duplicate the information already published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Please avoid giving undue credit to anyone who has not made a notable contribution or excluding the name of any author who has made significant contributions.