Annals and essences of dentistry
Instructions for Authors
- Papers submitted to Annals and essences of dentistry ( AED) Journal should
be directed to the research and development , devices and new techniques in
dentistry or related fields. Manuscripts in the following categories are
acceptable; original and review papers, original cases etc.,
Original papers: Full length papers consisting of complete and detailed
descriptions of a research Problem, the experimental approach, the findings
and appropriate discussion.
Review papers: Intending authors should communicate with the editorial
board beforehand by E-mail.
- Submitted manuscripts should be written in English. They should not be
under consideration for publication in any other Journal and must not have
been previously published.
- Manuscript should be proof-read and have English language errors
corrected before submission. The editorial board may return the manuscript due
to the poor language usage.
- All manuscripts will be sent to reviewers. Authors will be asked to
revise the manuscripts according to the reviewer's comments. Acceptance or
rejection of the manuscripts will be decided by the editorial board of AED
- Copyright of papers accepted for publication will be property of the ?Dentaquest?. Direct quotations, tables and illustrations in the published
paper should be accompanied by written permission for their use from the
- The manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, on white paper of A4
size (297 mm x 210 mm) with a word processor. Top, bottom and side margins
should be about 25 mm. Numbering of pages should be done at the right bottom
- Category of the manuscript, title, full names of the authors,
institutions, address, key words (3-4words). Also, phone number, fax number
and e-mail address of the corresponding author should be given in the first
- Manuscripts should include the following items: ABSTRACT (100-150
words), INTRODUCTION , MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS, DISCUSSION, CONCLUSION
(if included), ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (if applicable) and REFERENCES
- Proprietary names of commercial products should be expressed in
parentheses by their brand names, model, company, city and states or country.
- The references should be grouped in a section at the end of the text
in numerical order as they appear in the text and should take the following
- Authors' surname together with their initials, full title of the article,
the abbreviated name of the journal (as shown in Index Medicus), year, volume,
inclusive page numbers.
- sankar GS, shetyy VS. Properties of Australian stainless wire. JDent Res
1997; 56: 1493-1499.
- Kono H, Miyamoto M, Ban S. Bioactive apatite coating on titanium using an
alternative soaking process. Dent Mater J 2007; 26: 186-193.
- Ban S, Tsuruta S. Effect of surface modification using super critical
water for metal substrate on the bonding strength of veneering resins. J J
Dent Mater 2002; 21: 82-89.
- Authors' surname together with their initials: title of the book,
publisher, city of publication, year of publication, inclusive page numbers.
- Anusavice KJ. Phillips? science of dental materials, 11th ed, Saunders Co,
St. Louis, 2003, pp. 655-719.
- Figures should be numbered according to their order in the text. Each
figure should be drawn separately. Figure captions are to appear on a separate
page at the end of the manuscript.
- Tables should be numbered according to their order in the text. Each
table should be typed on aseparate sheet and should be understandable without
referring to the text.
- As a unit system, the international system of units (SI), MKS-system
and CGS system are acceptable, whereas the yard-pound system is not permitted.
- At the author's proof-reading, the insertion or elimination of
sentences for revision purposes cannot be permitted; only the correction of
errors is allowed.
- The author should be an active member of ?Dentaquest?
- Instructions for electrical submission
(1) A paper should be sent to the Editor-in-Chief as attached files of an
(2) The mail for submission should be titled as ?AED-Submission?.
(3) Use the surname and type of document as the file name such as raju-text,
raju-table2, raju-fig3, etc.
(4) Each file size should be less than 2MB.
(5) Text file should contain Figure caption after the manuscript. It could
contain Table(s) after the figure caption. The files should be sent as Microsoft
Office Word 97-2004 (.doc) or editable pdf format
(6) Table(s) should be after the Figure caption in the text file or in an
independent file. The files should be sent as Microsoft Office Word 97-2004
(.doc). Table(s) should be indicated astext in the doc. file. TABLES SHOULD BE
ABLE TO BE INTERPREPRATED INDEPENDENT OF TEXT.
(7) The figure files should be sent as TIF format saved using LZW, ZIP, or
(8) Figure numbers and captions should be appeared on a separate page at the
end of the manuscript, not be indicated inside of the figure.
(9) The resolution of the photos and figures should be at least 300 dpi (ppi).
Figure sizes should be 85 mm for single column and 175 mm for double column in
horizontal width for the final printing. The extra white space around the actual
figure should be erased.
(10) All the figures appear in gray-scale in the printed version and coloured
in the electric version of the Journal. There will be no charges of color in the
electric version to the authors. There will be the additional charges of color
printing to the authors in print version.
(11) The mail for question to the editorial office should be titled as
?AED-Inquiry?. Although the reviewing process will be initiated when the office
receives the manuscript, hard copies of the manuscript may be required based on
the decision by the Editor-in-Chief. In such case, manuscript (one original and
two copies) should also be sent to the following address.
6-2-93, old maternity hospital road